Which varnish texture to choose for the holidays?
In summer, colored nail polish makes its star. For it to stay shiny, during your sporting stay, a lazy getaway or even a trek abroad, you need to adopt a suitable texture. In order to make the right choice, follow the guide.
- A sports stay at the beach or in the mountains. To enjoy the practice of jet skiing or rock climbing, without worrying about the hold of your varnish, bet on the application of a semi-permanent varnish in an institute.
- Lazy getaway by the sea or in the mountains. To display your designer shoes, colored nails matching your outfits and your mood, opt for traditional or gel varnish.
- Trekking abroad: With the humid climate of certain countries, a classic varnish will have more difficulty in drying and adhering. So, opt for a homemade version of semi-permanent varnish. It provides impeccable hold for a maximum of 10 days, provided you take the time to let the varnish dry under an LED lamp.
- Tourism in Europe: You have the choice of: institute, semi-permanent house or traditional varnish. But, the climate being more lenient and your sports schedule less busy, treat yourself by using classic or gel formulas, in order to be able to vary the color of your manicure more often.
What there is to know :
A. Fix a chipped traditional varnish: don’t touch up the surface with a touch of color. Instead, file the damaged surface vertically with the beveled side of the file to smooth out the tear. Then put a layer of top coat to conceal everything, and give your manicure a homogeneous finish.
B. The right gestures for applying semi-permanent varnish:
- For aesthetics, as for better adhesion, always remember to push back your cuticles with a wooden stick.
- Don’t use cuticle oil or hand cream. With a double-sided polisher, remove greasy substances from the nail with one side, then polish the surface with the other.
- Apply a degreasing patch, generally alcohol-based and supplied with the varnish, to obtain a uniform surface and application.
- Between the applications of the base, the color and the gel top coat, slide your nails for at least 60 seconds under the LED lamp.
- Degrease the surface again.
C. Summer color trends:
- Tangy or powdery pastels, such as pinks, blues or yellows. A pink will be ideal for warming up fair skin, while yellow will be more suitable for dark skin.
- Pop or neon shades, such as orange zest, fuchsia, Hulk green, or Tour de France yellow, are to be dared on feet that are already a little tanned, or with a colorful outfit.
- Syrup varnishes: ideal for those who want color without being flashy. They deposit a transparent, slightly tinted and shiny layer on the nail. They are used alone, or as a top coat to accentuate the color of a varnish of a similar shade.
OK! Now that you have known which varnish texture to choose for the holidays, take your manicure supplies into action! It doesn’t matter if you don’t have manicure tools. We have everything all you need in Maryton nail supply.
Read also: We Adopt The Graphic Manicure